Saturday, August 08, 2009

Soccerproject

I flirted with quitting the game, but the presence of friends playing is what drew me back.

Come on, I am now rebuilding my team. I don't possess great hope of doing the great escape. Though I feel as though I am a new manager thrown with the task of steering the team away from relegation.

But with my current players, and a weak finance, there is little I can do at the moment.

I bought a CF and an LB immediate on my return. From 2 million my finances dropped below 1 million. The CF is very so-so, a bench-warmer I would say. But I need him, although he is rated a meagre 76%. His strike rate is pretty decent; that's the reason I recruited him.

The LB is important because I had lost both of my LBs. Due to my inactivity. Apologies to Walcott United fans. And I got myself a so-so LB as well. But this is okay since my previous 2 LBs were only marginally better than this one.

I have since bought another player - a CM. This CM still has a couple of un-maxed skills. Meanwhile I am also selling 3 of my players.

One of them, my current first-choice RB, is confirmed leaving as someone had already made a bid of 50K. My instant-selling-fee is 170K if I am not wrong. A 20-year-old CF has not received any bids. I hope that someone will bid for 700K for this striker. I need the money. The last player is a weak CB I bought as temporary reinforcement the last time round.

I am selling the RB because I think the 2 developing RBs I have (promoted from youth team) will be as good if not better than my current first-choice. And another reason is because I want to start selling some of the older players.

I aim to finish respectably - perhaps at least 12th.

No comments: