Tuesday, July 27, 2010

YOG

I haven't been updating as much as I would like to.

But well, I am back to just give an overview of things to come.

Firstly, the YOG is looming! It starts in the middle of next month, and it's the first of its kind in the world, in SINGAPORE!

I won't be involved competitively nor as a volunteer, but I will immerse myself in the spirit and would aim to spread this spirit to the people around me.

This is arguably our biggest sporting moment to date and probably for a long time to come, and we must make full use of it to make it a huge spectacle.

It's a good sign that many are contending over the YOG cheer, and a contest is even started to challenge Singaporeans to come up with a better cheer than JJ Lin's energetic but probably rather superficial and uninspiring cheer. A Facebook group expressing dislike for the official YOG cheer got thousands of Likes. Even Ris got into the act. Even former NMP Eunice Olsen got involved.

This just shows that passion runs high, though whether this can translate to very enthusiastic sentiments, it rests on us Singaporeans.

Make us so proud! Haha.

No comments: