Sunday, March 11, 2007

Final matches

As Season 18 draws a close in the league matches, I found myself wondering whether I had a future in my series IV.4. With so strong teams in this series, I could sense myself struggling to be the top 4 in my series. This season 18 concluded with my results being 5 wins 0 draws and 9 losses. My 5 wins come from: 2 against Posers, 1 walkover against the now liquidated Bukit Panjang XI, 1 shock against WhiteSandsMechs and the last against Squeeling Jets.

Despite a haul of 15 points, more than last season's 13, I remained at 6th position. I lost out on goal difference against WhiteSands, with a goal difference that is 6 inferior. Never mind, it does not even matter about who finishes 5th, the end of season bonuses are only awarded to the top 4 in each series.

I am quite some distance from 4th placed Mantissa FC, who finished with 22 points. My last match ended in a 4-0 victory, and the only achievement I had was in boasting a player in the top scorers list, with Francesco Uboldi, who I acquired around in the middle of the season, with 7 goals. The top scorer, was, however, long and away with 21 goals. Second-placed scorer was, I think, with 14 goals.

My friend, owner of Red Chaos, ended the season in style, coming behind to win 2-1 against Norwich City and got promoted automatically. Good luck for this friend in the future, whom I had received lots of help from.

Targets for next season:

5th place
18 points

I still have a match against a 'bot', and it is a foregone conclusion. I am definitely going to win that and stay in my series!

Points to remember for this season:

Best of 15 points.
Defeated WhiteSandsMechs for first time.
Posted a double digit victory aganst Darkonian FC in a friendly. 10-0 win.
First draw, again a friendly, against Team Posei. 1-1.
Farewell with Red Chaos in the league.
Had a player in top scorers' list. 7 goals.
Increased skill for some players. 3 playmakers. 2 from passable to solid, 1 from solid to excellent.
Had players with 3 stars. Had a high of 28 or more stars for a match.
Form of some players reached excellent for some while.

Bye for now, more stuff arriving soon!

No comments: