Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Matches

I was brought down to Earth with two defeats. The friendly loss was the first for me this season in the schedule, though it was really deserving of me to lose that match. The league match was totally expected, so nothing to say about...

Kanu United 5-1 Battler United

Wonderful loss. First time I am happy with a loss. Why? I shall not disclose detailed information, but I shall mention my opponent is someone I know. Losing means nothing, except that he is much stronger, and I realised he had spent 186,000 on a single player, after being demoted to Division 5 from last season. My biggest signing still stands at 60,000, but my inner midfielders are fast improving; three passable playmakers, whom I bought atprices of less than 10,000, increased to solid, while a solid playmaker whom I got at a bargain price of 30,000, increased to excellent. They are worth a lot now, but I guess I will hold on for a while more before releasing them. End-of-season sales are not high, unlike the start of seasons.

Norwich City 8-0 Battler United

I was crushed, but I improved from my 0-9 hammering near the start of the season.

Now, I shall be mentioning that I have managed to stave off automatic demotion, but is stuck at 6th place, and require a big win in my last match coupled with a big loss for current 5th place WhiteSandsMechs, to have a chance of 5th. 5th has no end-of-season bonus, though.

I have currently amassed 12 points, and has hopes of raising it to 15 provided I defeat current bottom place and newcomers Squeeling Jets, who claimed a win at Posers, but still remained bottom.

To end, I would like to congratulate Red Chaos for currently occupying top spot, but have to avoid a defeat at Norwich City in the top of the table clash to successfully get promoted.

No comments: