Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hattrick Updates

I had just realised I had not posted on this blog for a whopping 21 days. I apologise for any patient people who are waiting for updates on this blog.

Let's have a look at my vurrent Hattrick season. This is Season 19, and after 4 matches, I am on 3 points, third from bottom (6th). It is true that I had not been strengthening my squad with signings, but this current squad definitely has the ability to actually challenge the teams here. Let me say why.

After Red Chaos' promotion, the only teams with really good midfield ratings is Bravo Warriors, currently languishing, and Norwich City, whom I am about to face. The demoted club has a strange name which is tough to remember, but my midfield can be better than his team's. However, when my rating soared to an incredible 'inadequate', my attack ratings all dropped to wretched and disastrous. This is as I put two Inner Midfielders on the wongs and clicked 'Towards Middle'. Playmakers increase ratings more than wingers. Then, I put another playmaker in striker position and chose 'Defensive'. This option is for players who are also good in midfield. In this case, this player is solid in playmaking but only inadequate in scoring. I have since then sold this player to build up funds to start buying an excellent or formidable striker.

My 3 points come from the win against promoted Hartpool. I practically demolished them 9-0, with second-half possession being a whopping 96%. However, I am disappointed with my results. I lost to WhiteSandsMechs 1-5, my biggest loss currently. I lost to the demoted team and Mantissa FC 0-3 each, as in these two matches I both highly increased to weak or inadequate midfield rating, but my attack rating is far too low to score in any opportunities.

My match against Norwich is a no-brainer; I will certainly lose. No point trying to fight against this team. Let them be promoted and hope a weaker team gets demoted. I will never be in relegation trouble for these seasons yet, but I have to break my duck and not be content with 6th all the time. I want to be in the top 4. Currently my economy is quite good, sales of tickets are quite good, but I want to use some of these funds to buy a striker and a goalkeeper/defender, and build more seats for my stadium.

With that, I conclude this post.

No comments: