Monday, December 10, 2007

Singapore 1-1 Malaysia

I wasn't the most impressed with Malaysia, for Singapore was the superior side for more of the time of the match. Then Malaysia scored. I was stunned. The defence wasn;t doing particularly well that moment...then it could really have mattered.

Then I was calling for Agu Casmir to come on. That was really weird. However, Amri's running hasn't seen him shoot much (Did he even attempted goal?) and Fazrul's penalty miss made me lose confidence in him. All of a sudden, I had forgotten the hideousness of Agu's display against Laos. After all, he is the only striker on the bench. Throw him on, roll this dice! And Agu came on on the 74th minute. I cheered...

After a moment, this dice rolled a good number. He scored! A Singaporean I was, I was fascinated. This team is different from the past 2 ones I had seen from the SEA Games. This team has the ability to come back from setbacks. This team has players that can rise to the occasion. This team had made the semi-finals.

I must say Agu didn't do too badly, nor too well, in the time after his goal. Coach Raddy Avramovic was constantly shouting 'Agu! Agu!'. I can interpret that Agu had not came back from the attack to help out with the defence and was constantly ignorant of where to stand. But I laughed all the time. After all, Singapore is heading for the semis. And Agu was the hero. I couldn't be more happy with him. And I can be assured against Thailand, Agu can be a supersub. But I'm not too confident on that still, though.

Against Thailand, Singapore have to try and work hard and produce. I hope Singapore can get to the finals, and win the Gold Medal, but this is a tall hurdle.

Singapore's defence has not been too bad, but not very impressive either. They have allowed goals to be conceded against both Malysia and Vietnam, and they wouldn't want to do the same against Thailand. It's amazing Khairul Amri has yet to score in this competition when Agu Casmir has done so. Probably he should shoot more often, because there aren't too many better shooters than him in the competition. And I am heartedned by the fact Harris Harun came to the pitch duing injury time, though he didn;t touch the ball. That means Harris will and should be available for the clash with Thailand.

Baihakki won't be able to play aginst Thailand as he had accumulated 2 yellow cards, and it makes me wonder who will be captain. Meanwhile, Hassan Sunny has been the player of the tournament for the Young Lions with his many saves.

Singapore versus Thailand. I can only say I hope Singapore will get to the final at the expense of the hosts. But at least this team can actually give me the license to hope.

On a sidenote, I am quite saddened that Channel 5 wouldn't be showing the live telecast for this match between the two powerhouses of the region. I can't support them live...

No comments: