Sunday, January 20, 2008

African Nations Cup

Today is the day where the cream of African football gather for this competition, hoping to bring glory to their nation with football.

Africa's biggest asset, or rather, biggest interest, is football. Hence, let me start talking about it.

I believe Ghana is a sure bet to progress to the next round, with a rather easy group, and wowed on by home support.

In Group B, Nigeria and Ivory Coast are the sure favourites, with Mali likely to be third.

Cameroon, with Samuel Eto'o, should progress, while the winners of the previous edition, Egypt, should also progress.

In Group D, which I regard as the group of death, have no clear favourites. However, I shall rely on my instincts, and just predicting, I think it shall be Senegal and South Africa.

That's all for now. Let the contest begin.

No comments: