Monday, March 17, 2008

Soccerproject policies

As you can see from the top, I had hit a good stretch, with consecutive wins over teams like me, which are battling not for promotion, not exactly for survival, but for as high a position as possible. I am still short of the 5th place target I had set for myself, but I am near.

My next match will be against a managerless team, which always means a huge win for me. That could boost my goal difference. In the bottom division H, I can rest my best players when I am facing a weaker team. But the challenge gets big here, when you aim to get something out of a match against a promotion-worthy team, and you want to win by as big a margin against the worst teams. Hence, I am aiming to get better players. I have already been adopting a rotation policy, worse than Benitez', as you will probably see no single player play 2 matches in a row.

Why so? Morale. I need to keep their morale up to get good performances from them. This tactic will not allow me to get the best from all of my players (I don't field them when their morale is 100), but I will be getting near-peak performances from all of them though.

In order to reduce rotation, I will be aiming to reduce squad size. Another reason for this aim is to reduce overall players' wages. I have been struggling to break even in finances for matches; counting everything from a match, usually I lose money. I had increased capacity of the arena to 7000 seats from 4000 seats, and I am able to get >5000 in my stadium nowadays. So I earn for home matches, but as for away matches, I will keep losing money, but I treat that as a given.

This is probably all I will update on. Will be back soon.

No comments: