Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Paying for boosting squad

In paying I do not mean the money I used to facilitate the purchase of new players.

But, as I said in an earlier post, my team spirit got trampled by transfers in and out of the squad.

My team spirit, after 1.5 weeks of the new season, stands at a meagre 33%.

This is certainly untimely, as I am aiming to offload some strikers. I have an inflated squad size of 27, and an incredible 9 strikers. The maximum number of strikers I can field in a match is 3, hence this is doing my players' morale no good.

This is exactly reflected on what you see at the top of the blog. I am in the danger zone --- relegation zone. 11th position was not what I was aiming for, after 2 consecutive seasons in 8th place. Although I had revised my promotion target to next season, I am aiming for 5th, which results in an end-of-season bonus. It's not the money, but the sense of achievement.

The teams in this series now are all quite equal except Horni SK, at the top, and IF Caldas, a managerless team, at the bottom. And I have the embarrassing tag as the only team to have lost points against 2nd bottom FC Dolphins. That is a good team, but the manager clearly does not put much effort into preparing team lineups according to the opponents, which I do.

But I am guilty of employing really unwise tactics which cost me points. And that's why I have 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses, and just 8 points.

I am really aiming to soar high, so perhaps I will not make any transfers till the end of the season.

(My team rating stands at a record high for me: 74%. But team spirit is at record lows, so it balances up the equation, and my team is currently ordinary)

No comments: