Sunday, April 13, 2008

Season 22 roundup

It is the end of the season. It seems as though I had made no improvements, staying in 8th place yet again. However, I did improve.

I had increased my season tally from 44 to 50 points. I had managed to do well despite a teamspirit that is constantly below 80 (reset to 90 at start of every season; affects how well team performs).

In this close season, I had made several signings and sales. I had bought 3 Centre Forwards and sold 1, while the other one I had originally for the season is on the way out too.

I regard this season a transition season. Next season, I am aiming for something special. I am aiming for promotion to Division F. I remember I had set a target 2 seasons ago, for a three-season plan. The plan is simple: Promotion in 3 seasons. This is a lofty target, but I must remember that I have a long way to go. I need to take every opportunity.

And I believe the time is ripe. I had, till now, 7 buys and 6 sales throughout the course of this season, and I am set for at least 2 more sales. I have been investing in a lot of younger players. Currently my target age is 21 to 23 year olds, more so than 20 and below. They cost cheaper prices. Nevertheless, I had broken the bank. My finance stands at 2.09million at this moment.

I think I had broken my team buying record, amounting to 765K for a single player. But, it is noteworthy that I had once sold two young players at1.3million and 1.25 million. The one sold at 1.25 million is a gem; his rating now is 85%, which is impossible for me to find at a bargain price or develop one of such talent at the moment. It's a shame, but I am convincing myself that his departure is helping me in buying much more players now.

I finished the season quite well, with a win against a team who was occupying 5th but ended 6th, and lost to a team who is now promoted as 2nd place.

May Walcott United roar on the coming season!

No comments: