Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back at posting

Firstly, all in all, I shall wish everyone a happy lunar new year!

Next, I would proceed to the results of my matches in Hattrick.

Darkonian FC 3-5 Battler United

For this return match, I congratulate my opponent to bounce back from a 10-0 thumping to lose by two goals only in this 8-goal thriller. I had underestimated my opponents, but I did not lose anything from it.

Battler united 5-0 Posers

I had finally managed to carve out a win in the league, after a rough patch with matches against the top 4 constantly. Now, it's time for me to get back on track in my pusch for 5th place, and my next league match will be against rivals WhiteSandsMechs. My last match shall be one against Squeeling Jets, the newest team in the league, which have yet to claim a point in this campaign, though they have a chance against Posers.

Team Posei 0-3 Battler United

I had an inferior midfield in this match, albeit by the slightest margin. I put in a largely reserve side and won due to my tactics for the first time, with my ratings proving to be inferior in many areas.

Finally, congratulations to my Hattrick friend, owner of Red Chaos, who managed to climb to the top of the league, following two 1-2 losses by Bravo Warriors to Norwich City and Mantissa FC, and dropped to 3rd, with Norwich occupting second on 28 points, 2 behind leaders Chaos. Meanwhile, I am on 9 points, with 3 games remaining, and a 5 point cushion from automatic relegation.

Lastly, I shall be mentioning about Singapore football. S-league is coming back! With new team Korean Super Reds and Liaoning Guangyuan FC joining the crop, it is amazing to think about a foreign team challenging the likes of SAFFC, Tampines, and Home for the title. I predict SAFFC and Home to be in a tussle with Super Reds for the top 3, with Tampines and Young Lions to battle or 4th and possible 3rd.

Albirex should be tussling for 6th with Liaoning FC and Woodlands Wellington, while Geylang should battle for 9th with Balestier Khalsa. This part is shaky, as Balestier could also end up last, since Gombak United have revived fortunes since last year, and Sengkang Punggol is showing good progres in the inaugural season opener SingTel League Cup, poised to meet either Home or Woodlands in the final.

I would be predicting Asean Football Championships hero Khairul Amri, last year's winner Laakad Abdelhadi, and Peres de Oliviera to lead the lights in terms of scoring. Lionel Lewis could soon be leaving the S-League, since personal sponsor Adidas is finding him a place in the US Soccer League. Do not over-judge on Korean Super Reds' failure in the League Cup; it counts for nothing. Liaoning FC is still anonymous, so their quality is still not to be totally trusted yet.

No comments: