Monday, February 26, 2007

Breakthrough of the season

Following my one-sided affair at Battleville against visitors Posers, ending in a 5-0 romp for my side, I started out on a new journey in this series.

WhiteSandsMechs 2-6 Battler United

Wonderful outcome I must say. I have decided to spring a surprise against my opponents by sing counter-attacks against him, though my midfield is slightly stronger.

My attack was 1 better than his defence, his attack was 1 worse than my defence, and my midfield was 6 better. (Our defence both scored 37 in the ratings).

I had targetted a draw to be a fair result. Instead, I went on to romp to the greatest win of the week in my league series. Red Chaos had ended Bravo Warriors promotion bid with a 5-1 thrashing, while Norwich remained in the hunt with a tremendous comeback from 2 goals down to triumph 5-2. In the battle of the dwellers, Posers continued their misery run with a loss at newbies Squeeling Jets 0-2. Both are confirmed demoted to the bottom tier, with two games remaining, since my team, Battler United, managed to win and bring myself to 12 points, on level with WhiteSandsMechs, only behind on an inferior goal difference.

So, let me round up with some Singapore football. In the recently concluded SingTel League Cup, Woodlands Wellington managed a 4-0 win against last-season's bottom club, with goals from Japanese player Akihiro, foreigner Lucian Dronca, and strikers, Korean Park Tae Won, and last season's top scorer and player of the year, Laakad Abdelhadi.

No comments: