Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Singapore Football

Finally, in less than a week's time, the prime league of Singapore Football, the S-League, returns back to the scene. The interest level is not high, even my interest level is not high. That is due to the amazing level and attraction of the top leagues in the world reaching towards its final stretch. UEFA Champions League, English Premier League, Spanish Primera Liga, Italian Serie A, and more. All these have high level football that let alone the S-League in SIngapore, the UEFA Cup is overshadowed too by this influx of attractive football.

Let's skip that. I have decided to put all my views of football (soccer), I mean in the European or other continents' football all on my other blog. See my other blog under 'View my Complete Profile'. At here, I would be concentrating on Asian football. Especially SIngapore football. I have started working with a scoring system for different S-League clubs, to guage the ability and true skill of S-League clubs. Basically, it works like this:

S-League: Win=5pts, Draw=2pts, Lose=0pt
Singapore Cup: W=7, D=3, L=1
League Cup: W=3 D=1 L=0
AFC Cup: W=11 D=5 L=2

Achievements in the league and cup competitions will also be noted down. For this experiment, I would be giving monthly reviews for the performance of S-League clubs, starting from March. After that, when the number of matches by each club reaches at least 20, I would have the system I am planning to call as 'The Singapore Rankings'. Bonuses are subjective to change. Also, I might be including further bonuses, perhaps for a win by at least 3 or 4 goals, and also for unbeaten or winning streaks.

Enough for now, I shall be ending my post. But before that, I would report on the current top 3 upon the completion of the League Cup.

1) Woodlands Wellington
2) Sengkang Punggol
3) Gombak United

As you may have noticed, these are just the top 3 for the League Cup.
Note: SAFFC, Young Lions, Liaoning FC and Geylang United did not participate in this inaugural competition.

No comments: