Monday, January 22, 2007

Friendly Match + League Match 7

Battler United 3-3 Hosei Liao La

My opponent is a Malaysian team, and therefore it feels a bit special. However, I failed to win after deciding on a 4-4-2 formation instead of my preferred 3-5-2 formation. Shockingly, despite playing 4 midfielders compared to my opponents' 5, my midfield rating was actually a slight notch better! It just goes to prove that my inner-midfielders are fast-improving.

This is my first draw in Hattrick So, it is significant.

Battler United 2-8 Bravo Warriors

Now, I am wondering, I must have did pretty well. My last meeting against Bravo, the current league leaders, ended in a drab 0-7 defeat. Considering my improvement in terms of losing margin, it must be a good sign.

The extremely bad sign is that my most important playmaker, had suffered a horrendous injury and would be back only after a long 6 weeks. This spells trouble for me in my survival bid, as this player would only be back for the last league match of the campaign, which would be against Bukit Panjang's replacement. It should be a good 3 points from that match.

Currently, I sit on 6th spot, with 6 points, 3 behind fifth-placed WhiteSandsMechs and 2 points ahead of the relegation zone.