Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Friendly Match

Battler United 4-1 TEAM KHC

Another handsome victory in a game which saw only 373 spectators. My opponent is not a weak one, in fact I would have rated it 70% as good as the team who knocked me out of the Singapore Cup with an edgy win, Seventh Mavericks. I did not put some of my main players for the atch and was expecting a close encounter. However, I did expect to carve a result. My midfield is significantly better than his. Mine was at poor (low), one of my higher ratings, while his was at disastrous (high). My four goals again come from 4 different players. I dominated the match with 80% of ball possession due to my largely superior midfield. My opponent had only three midfielders while I had a typical 5. His defence is stronger than my attack while my defence is on par with his attack. Hence, the deciding factor is the midfield.

I'm largely boosted by the win. However, my confidence will not be replaced by optimism of a result against Chaos. I would be glad to avoid a heavy defeat. Not anything like 9-0 or 7-0.

Predictions:
Battler United 1-6 Red Chaos
WhiteSandsMechs 3-1 Posers
Bravo Warriors 2-2 Norwich City
Bukit Panjang XI 0-5 walkover Mantissa FC

I'm expecting this to be an interesting week, with title contenders Norwich lining against in-form Bravo. Shall it end in a draw or a defeat for Bravo, Chaos could be the biggest winners. WhiteSands would ascertain their position in the league shall they defeat Posers and condemn them to demotion.

On my coming posts, I would be including comments and predictions on the matches of the upcoming AFF Cup, previously known as Tiger Cup, for South-East Asian nations.

No comments: