Thursday, December 14, 2006

Cup Round 2

Battler united Vs Seventh Mavericks

Score: 3-5

As expected, my cup run was ended by my decent opponent who had inadequate midfield compared to my wretched midfield. However, i really gave my opponent a fight and a fright.

Mavericks really underestimated my team. Usually you only employ a 2-5-3 formation when you face a bot team. However, he used that formation against my 3-5-2 formation. He nearly paid for that decision.

His team got off to a good start, taking the lead in the 16th minute. However, in the space of 2 minutes, I raced into a 2-1 lead! Yet my team conceded one late in the first half. It was 2-2 at the break and Mavericks' organisation was poor.

In the second half, Mavericks' organisation came back to passable and thereby took the lead through a tricky free-kick. My team, Battlers, equalised in the 70th minute. 3-3. However, Mavericks scored two late goals as the superior team wins. It was great experience for me as this was a great fight from my team.

Nevertheless, I was knocked out of the cup. On the brighter side, I would be able to concentrate on league survival and have friendly games to tinker around my squad. My team's confidence is great and my supporters are content.

My next update would likely be quite a while later, but I would be updating on a total of 3 matches---3 posts. These 3 matches would include one against the demoted team from last season, Norwich City. There would be a friendly match and the final one would be a crucial match against WhiteSandsMechs, tipped together with me as likely relegation candidates, together with surprise package Posers.

No comments: