Thursday, December 28, 2006

League Match 3

Battler United 1-4 WhiteSandsMechs

This outcome really surprises me. I was expecting a close encounter. It made me think whether my opponent won it on luck or superiority.

Midfield is usually the factor for winning. In this match, my midfield rating was 33, my best ever, compared to WhiteSandsMechs' 18. However, it might be due to my inability to break down my opponent's defence, with my attack rating 31 compared to my opponent's defence rating of 45. My defence is only a meagre 27, compared to my opponent's 37 in attack.

My team rating adds to 91, compared to 100 of my opponent. Yet, I believe midfield is responsible for a big part of the result.

Nevertheless, it's time to look ahead and it is a make-or-break fixture against Posers. I had to do well with a win, if not I will be plunged into relegation trouble. Even a draw may seem insufficient, since Posers had collected 4 points already, one from a credible yet mysterious draw against Mantissa FC and a win against debt-ridden Bukit Panjang X.I. My 3 points come from a win against Panjang too. Therefore, a draw would still mean Posers are a point ahead of me and assuming our point difference remain the same, I guess I had to win the return fixture at my home stadium, Battleville.

A win would put me well in the seat for survival.

Mantissa FC suffered from a shock draw against Posers and seemed to face real stiff opposition in Red Chaos and Norwich City and is rooted to 7th spot with a single point. Their next match would be against leaders Bravo Warriors, who had yet to lose a single point this season. I guess Mantissa would temporarily remain in the bottom 2 after round 4.

Result from Round 3:

Battler United 1-4 WhiteSandsMechs
Mantissa FC 0-2 Norwich City
Bravo Warriors 7-1 Red Chaos
Bukit Panjang 0-5 Posers (Walkover)

Predictions for Round 4:

Norwich City 5-1 WhiteSandsMechs
Posers 1-3 Battler United
Mantissa FC 0-2 Bravo Warriors
Red Chaos 5-0 Bukit Panjang X.I. (Walkover)

No comments: