Monday, December 11, 2006

Season 18 League Match 1

I am facing Bukit Panjang X.I. in my series.

I placed some gamble on my decisions. However, when I checked the score. I won 5-0. That is because my opponent bought an extremely expensive player whose playmaking skills are utopian and therefore suffer huge holes in his wages on the economy. He fired everyone else and seems to be on his way of being replaced by a new team. i would never want to land in that sort of scenario.

He only had a player left and for a match each team needs to have at least 9 players in the starting line-up. Since he only had a player, that means it would be a walkover for me. Walk-over matches have only an outcome---a 5-0 victory. Therefore, I had a great start to the season which could allow me to avoid demotion. However, the two promoted teams seem decent. Mantissa FC has a better team than me while Posers is a newbie but shockingly held Mantissa to a draw.

My opponent to avoid demotion is WhiteSandsMechs, who succumbed easily to powerhouse Bravo Warriors. Red Chaos, who finished 2nd in the previous season, defeated Norwich City, the team demoted from Div. III, 2-0. it came as a shock as the ratings show that Chaos had inferior ratings compared to Norwich. Therefore, I temporarily sit on second position in the league, having already put three points in the bag, albeit undeservingly. My target remains to finish as #6 in the league.

My next game would be a cup match against Seventh Mavericks. Judging from the ratings, it seems that I would lose but as cup matches help provide mre experience points(double of league matches), I would put out a strong young team. Experience helps to raise the skill of players, especially young plaers aged 17-19. Good bye for now, and await my next post on the round 2 cup match.

No comments: